Children that come to me for input may have challenges in many different areas:
Reading, handwriting, spelling, maths
- Balance, coordination, sports performance
- Gross and fine motor skills
- Concentration, attention, listening and memory skills
- Organisational and planning skills
- Confidence and self esteem
- Energy levels and motivation
- Visual and auditory processing
- Sensory integration/ sensory processing
- Social skills and self care skills
- Behaviour/ emotional: frustration, anger, stress, anxiety
They may have one or more diagnoses such as Learning Difficulties, Developmental Difficulties and other Diagnoses including:
- Dyspraxia (DCD)
- ASD/ Asperger's Syndrome
- Sensory Processing Disorder
- Auditory Processing Disorder
- Unintegrated Primary Reflexes
Other diagnoses I work with include Cerebral Palsy, Stroke, Parkinson's a Disease, Downs Syndrome, Tourette's, Depression, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder and Anxiety.
A child does not need a specific diagnosis to come for input.
I am passionate about helping your child improve their confidence and self esteem. From that your child can flourish and lead an amazing life! You as a parent know your child best but it can be a mystery to understand why they are struggling. I would like to support you to help you understand your child's needs. If your child can feel that together you can work as a team so much can be achieved!
Sessions for parents
Parents of children with learning, developmental, behavioural or emotional challenges are supported to help them understand their child's needs and how best to guide them in life.
Sessions are best in person but can also be by Skype, particularly for people outside the Auckland area.
STARTING THE CONVERSATION
Please feel free to call me for a 10-15 minute consultation to discuss you or your child’s challenges, ask me questions and to see if I can be the right person to help you. You can of course also email me through the contact page and describe the challenges you would like me to address.